2014 Aging Initiative Summit
On the Road: Preparing Social Workers for an Interprofessional Environment was the theme of the 2014 Aging Initiative Summit held on February 5 in Sacramento. (Read the preliminary story about the summit, "2014 Aging Summit: Preparing Social Workers for an Interprofessional Environment.")
The goals of the 2014 summit were:
- To build on the work of the 2012 Aging Initiative Summit that introduced the changing landscape of health care delivery for older adults.
- To bring stakeholders and partners together for a working session to review existing curricula and field work; identify gaps; and make recommendations that will be consolidated into a working action plan for enhanced curricula and field work that prepare social workers serving an aging population in an interprofessional environment.
- Welcome: Jeffrey Edleson, Dean, School of Social Welfare, UC Berkeley (Video)
- Opening remarks: David Cherin, Director, School of Social Work, California State University, Fullerton (Video)
- Keynote: Nora O'Brien-Suric, Senior Program Officer, The John A. Hartford Foundation (Video)
- Field Practicum: Innovative Panel: Patty Hunter, Faculty, School of Social Work, California State University, Chico, and Roseanna McCleary, Associate Professor, Department of Social Work, California State University, Bakersfield (Video)