April 3 Is Submissions Deadline for Research Capstone Award for MSW Students
Winners of the Research Capstone Award for MSW Students (formerly called the Research Award for MSW Students) in previous years found inspiration for their projects in populations like these that they worked with.
This year, the deadline for submissions is April 3 for the award, which encourages and supports student research that will contribute to the evidence base for policy and practice for public human services.
The research award goals include:
- Fostering interest in applied, practice-oriented research for MSW students;
- Promoting student research that is relevant to agency practice; and
- Creating a forum for students to share research results with agencies that will benefit.
To accommodate students in the planning and conducting of their projects, CalSWEC employs a two-tiered award process:
- Initial applications, based on a proposed study, are due April 3. From among these, up to 10 Pre-Awards will be selected based on specific criteria. Each selection will receive $250.
- The pre-awardees complete their projects and submit an Executive Summary of the results, which is due June 26. Up to five finalists will be selected from among these and awarded an additional $500 each.
CalSWEC’s Research and Development (R&D) Committee, in conjunction with the California Association of Deans and Directors (CADD), established the research award in 2012 to encourage and support student research that will contribute to the evidence base for policy and practice in public human services.
For more information
Contact: Sandhya Rao Hermón, Director, Research and Evaluation