Board & Committees
Board of Directors
CalSWEC's Board of Directors serves in an advisory capacity. It makes decisions regarding the center's objectives to advance social work education, practice, and research; conduct research and develop programs for the advancement of social work education and practice in the publicly supported social services; and develop and administer financial support for students in social work education programs.
The board meets at least twice annually in regular session in addition to special sessions as necessary. Board membership may fluctuate, from a minimum of 20 to a maximum of 30 members.
The seven standing committees of CalSWEC's Board of Directors, which meets on the same schedule as the board, are listed below, with descriptions and membership rosters.
- Executive Committee
- Aging Committee (Aging Initiative)
- Child Welfare Committee
- Curriculum and In-Service Training Committee
- Mental Health Committee (Mental Health Initiative)
- Research and Development Committee
- Workforce Development and Funding Committee