Child Welfare In-Service Training Evaluation
CalSWEC has been a national leader in in-service training evaluation in the field of child welfare, and has hosted the National Human Services Training Evaluation Symposium (NHSTES) since 1998. CalSWEC also leads the implementation of the Common Core Curricula Evaluation in collaboration with our in-service training partners.
As a result of these evaluation efforts, much more is known about the composition and effectiveness of California's workforce, training system, and curricula.
- who has participated in training (basic demographic characteristics of new trainees),
- that training has been effective,
- which content areas require revision, and the type of revision needed (deletion, addition to content or delivery methods, etc.), and
- that the data can be used for complementary studies or secondary data analysis (such as analysis of pre and posttraining data in conjunction with the use of the Child Forensic Attitude Scale, or analysis of demographic and test data as part of a study on Stereotype Threat, or comparative analysis of IV-E vs. non IV-E trainee test performance)
In this section, you will find links to materials and resources that support planning and implementationof human services training evaluation in California. Results of the evaluation are also available. Both national and state activities and their subcategories are described.
For more information:
- Contact: Leslie Zeitler, Training and Evaluation Specialist