Curriculum evaluation seeks to answer the following research questions:
- Is the curriculum being delivered as intended?
- Are the students learning the curriculum?
To determine the answers, CalSWEC evaluates Title IV-E Stipend Program curricula offered by participating schools. In addition to central CalSWEC efforts, individual schools evaluate their own student learning of competencies and are welcome to consult with the research specialists on how best to carry out their research efforts.
Curriculum evaluation instruments, which undergo periodic refinement, include:
- the web-based New Graduate Survey, which seeks information from newly employed graduates about how well they believe their programs prepared them for child welfare practice, and
- the Curriculum Snapshot, a comprehensive instrument that includes many aspects of how the competency-based curriculum is offered at each campus. Project coordinators complete this every other year.
For more information:
- Contact: Elizabeth Gilman, Curriculum and Policy Analyst