CalSWEC works with many partners to support the effective implementation of evidence-based practices, as well as building evidence for new practices. This includes co-sponsoring Symposia on Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) and supporting the development of Implementation Toolkits. CalSWEC also co-leads the Research and Training Network (RTN) with the Child and Family Policy Institute of California (CFPIC). The RTN facilitated the development of California's Statewide Child Welfare Research Agenda.
Human services professionals are moving toward an evidence-based model of practice much like their counterparts in medicine and other fields. As a partnership between the practice and academic communities in California, CalSWEC is working collaboratively with its many partners to define EBP in the human services, to determine how to effectively integrate empirical evidence into the everyday practices of staff working in this field, and to promote greater understanding of the potential of an EBP model in the human services.
An Introduction to Evidence-Based Practice
Tools for Evidence-Based Practice
- Implementation Toolkits
- Research and Training Network (RTN)
- The California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare
- Annotated bibliography on EBP
- BASSC reports on-line
- Child Welfare League of America’s Research to Practice Initiative
- The Campbell Collaboration (C2) Social Welfare Coordinating Group
- Central California Area Social Services Consortium (CCASSC)
- From Data...to Outcomes
- Evidence-Informed Webinars
- Literature Reviews