Guide to the Supervised Independent Living Placement (SILP)
This curriculum for social workers and probation officers provides information and guidelines to assist with the process of approving a SILP placement, including tips for readiness assessment and health and safety inspections.
The information included in the curriculum was approved by the AB 12 Youth Engagement, Training and Informing Focus Area Team. The materials are available for use at no cost. Sections of the materials may be used and modified for specific audiences, but any modifications of the factual information within the curriculum may result in provision of incorrect information to training participants.
If you have any questions about the materials, please contact Melissa Connelly at email@example.com.
- Trainer's Guide
- Young Adult's Guide to Housing
- Readiness Scenarios
- Blank SILP Health and Safety Checklist
- Completed SILP Health and Safety Checklist
- SILP Approval Form
- Blank Shared Living Agreement
- Completed Shared Living Agreement
- Shared Living Agreement Scenario
- Selecting Roommates
- Shared Responsibility Plan