With Staff and Stakeholders
Resources include a variety of PowerPoint presentations and documents that help orient management, staff, providers, and community partners to the background, purpose, and practices embodied in the Core Practice Model. Regions and counties can draw from these resources to develop presentations and structured discussions tailored to their needs.
San Diego's Pathways to Well-Being training modules (pilot version) | Three PowerPoint presentations outlining the foundations for engaging Child Welfare and Behavioral Health contractors in the building of collaborative partnerships
Learning Collaborative Spring Webinar | May 30, 2014. Approx. 1 hour. Two webinar presentations regarding outcomes and outcome measures from the state and regional perspectives, respectively
- Webinar agenda
Access the PowerPoints:
- "Continuous Quality Improvement in Intensive Care Coordination and Intensive Home-Based Services". Presentation by Christina Hoerl, the California Department of Social Services, and Minerva Reyes and Troy Konarski, the Department of Health Care Services
"Setting the Vision: Exploring Outcome Measures for the Implementation of the Pathways to Mental Health Core Practice Model in the Southern Region" by Mary Garrison and Dawn Schoonhoven Scott, Public Child Welfare Training Academy
Access the Webinar recording (approximately 50 minutes; the introduction was not recorded)
Learning Collaborative Webinar | February 11, 2014, 1 hour. Includes a demonstration of this toolkit and a series of presentations by:
Dr. Brent Crandal of Rady Children's Hospital/Chadwick Center for Children and Families—An Approach to Screening for Behavioral Health Needs Among Children and Youth Involved in Child Welfare Services
Troy Konarski of the Department of Health Care Services, Mental Health Services Division—Katie A. and the Core Practice Model (CPM)
Dr. Lisa Pion-Berlin and Michelle Allen of Parents Anonymous—Meaningful Shared Leadership: Realizing Positive Results of the Pathways to Well-Being
Kimberly Mayer of the California Institute for Mental Health—Upcoming CiMH Webinars
- Overview of the Learning Collaborative, Webinar | September 2013
- Presentation for the Statewide Leadership Convening for the Learning Collaborative | October 28, 2013
- Pathways to Mental Health Services: Core Practice Model, Intensive Care Coordination, Intensive Home Based Services, and Therapeutic Foster Care | February 11, 2014. This PowerPoint reviews the content and guidance set forth in the Core Practice Model and Medi-Cal Manual and provides information regarding implementation and technical assistance requests.
- Overview of Results from County Readiness Assessments by Region, presented by Rady Children’s Hospital/Chadwick Center for Children and Families, Statewide Leadership Convening | October 28, 2013
We are grateful to the Southern Region, Bay Area County, the Central Region, Fresno County, and Sonoma County for providing examples of communications resources:
- Southern Region County Implementation Update (PPt Template) | April 24, 2014
- Bay Area Regional Academy Learning Collaborative overview | February 24, 2014
- Central Region’s overview and facilitated discussion for implementation, Statewide Leadership Convening | October 28, 2013
- Central Region’s Outline for a Discussion Forum | April 18, 2013
- Presentation to Fresno County about the settlement agreement and an overview of the Core Practice Model | January 2013
- Sonoma County’s overview of the Katie A. v. Bonta Settlement Agreement
Among Learning Collaborative Participants
A listserv is also available for informal communication. The listserv is a quick way to contact peers in the Learning Collaborative to share information and help each other with questions about implementation and practice.
If you wish to join the listserv for the Learning Collaborative, please contact Phyllis Jeroslow, firstname.lastname@example.org.
An email distribution list for Learning Collaborative participants has been compiled and is accessible from the Calendar and Contacts web page.
If you wish to be included in email notifications sent to Learning Collaborative participants by CalSWEC or other partnering agencies, please contact Phyllis Jeroslow, email@example.com.
County Examples of Communications Tools
We encourage members of the Learning Collaborative to assist statewide implementation by sharing resources on this website about communications tools. If you have any documents, forms, or other tools to share, please contact Phyllis Jeroslow, firstname.lastname@example.org.