This section provides many resources for youth who are interested in applying for financial assistance for college.
Types of Financial Aid
Other Types of Financial Assistance
Searching for Scholarships
Civic and Social Organizations
- FAFSA application
- Cal Grant information
- Information on financial aid targeting community college students and applicants
- Chafee grant application and information
- Search for free FAFSA workshops in your area
- Information about federal grant and loan programs
- Offers an overall look at financial aid, where to look for it, how to get it, and gives hints on completing the FAFSA and common errors to avoid
- Apply for the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver) for community college
- http://www.fastweb.com: One of the largest free scholarship search services on the Internet. It contains a searchable database of millions of public and private scholarships, grants and loans. Registration is required.
- https://www.unitedfriends.org/resources/# : List of several resources for scholarships for foster youth.
- https://www.fc2success.org/programs/scholarships-and-grants/ : Scholarships for youth under 25 who were in foster care on their 18th birthday.
- http://www.fatomei.com/ : National and International, highly competitive and prestigious undergraduate college scholarships, graduate fellowships, education grants, summer jobs & research internships, awards for high school seniors & students, women, minorities, Hispanics, African Americans, nurses, engineers, teachers studying math, science & engineering and health professions from national & international foundations.
- California College Pathways: Search for campus support programs by zip code or region.
- Foster Youth Success Initiatives: Provides an overview of the Foster Youth Success Initiative Program as well as a list of all FYSI representatives at each community college by both college name and region.
- Extended Opportunity Programs and Services: Information about the Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) available at community colleges.
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) at Cal State campuses: One of the largest free scholarship search services on the Internet. It contains a searchable database of millions of public.