Counties typically have an integrated Life Skills program, called the Independent Living Skills Programs. Teenagers are taught etiquette, finances and banking, computer literacy, housing and nutrition, post-secondary options, and vocational planning, among other things.
The Casey Family Program provides a comprehensive Life Skills Website specifically targeted toward young adults who may need additional support in making important life decisions. The workbook includes five modules, each containing concrete activities and exercises. They are:
- Module 1: Money, Home and Food Management
- Module 2: Personal Care, Health, Social Skills & Safety
- Module 3: Education, Job Seeking Skills & Job Maintenance
- Module 4: Housing, Transportation, Community Resources, Understanding the Law & Recreation
- Module 5: Young Parents Guide - various topics