CalSWEC Title IV-E Program
The CalSWEC Title IV-E Program provides professional education and monetary support to undergraduate and graduate social work students who intend to pursue or continue a career in the field of public child welfare.
The goals of the CalSWEC Title IV-E Program:
- To increase the number of public child welfare (PCW) workers in California with BASW and MSW degrees
- To prioritize the enrollment of current state/county/Tribal social services staff
- To prioritize the enrollment of students who reflect the diversity of California’s child welfare population
- To provide specific program support through the provision of monetary support to students
- To provide specific program support through a specialized competency-based child welfare curriculum
For updates on COVID-19 information and resources for CalSWEC Title IV-E Program implementation, please click here.