The Title IV-E Summit is CalSWEC's largest annual event.
This child welfare conference is designed to bring social work practitioners, educators, and Title IV-E students together around a pertinent child welfare theme. In response to the ongoing call for sustained, anti-racist action, the Title IV-E team and Student Planning Committee invites you to attend the three-part 2021 CalSWEC Title IV-E Summit: Anti-Racism Series. All sessions will be provided virtually.
- Identifying the Structures That Hinder Anti-Racism Reform Within Public Child Welfare
- Title IV-E Stipend Program Students & Graduates
- Public Child Welfare Agency & Tribal community partners
- University IV-E staff (PCs, PIs, field instructors)
- Other Title IV-E Partners
Session 1 - Jan 27, 2021 - REGISTER and ADD to your calendar
Welcome & Land Acknowledgment
Pamela Villasenor - Authorized ICWA Representative, Fernandeno Tataviam Band Of Mission Indians
Creating an Anti-Racist Child Welfare Workforce through Inclusive Policies
Anzette Shackelford, MSW, LCSW - Training Development Manager
Ashley Weitensteiner, B.S., MSW Intern - Training Development Manager
Academy for Professional Excellence, CWDS
ICWA - How Past, Present & Future Policies Impact Practice and Tribal Families
Vida Castaneda, MSW - Senior Analyst
Ann Gilmour, JD - Attorney
Tribal/State Programs Unit, Judicial Council of California
Session 2 - Feb 26, 2021 - ADD to your calendar
Welcome & Black History Acknowledgment
Child Welfare and Anti-Racism Stakeholder Roundtable
Moderated by Wendy Ashley, Psy.D, MSW, LCSW - Professor & Associate Chair, Department of Social Work, CSUN
|3:05-4:00PM||Child Welfare and Anti-Racism Stakeholder Roundtable continued|
Session 3 - Mar 24, 2021 - ADD to your calendar
California Youth Connection
Hear from former foster care youth on what anti-racism reform means to them
Strengthening Families Using a Racial Equity Lens
Florida Institute for Child Welfare, Florida State University
IV-E STUDENTS ONLY - Public Child Welfare Resource Zone - Apr 2021
|Varied||Public Child Welfare Resource Zone|
FOLLOW US! SOCIAL MEDIA
PRESENTER AND COMMUNITY RESOURCE SHARING
- Presenter resources and materials will be populated in THIS SHARED FOLDER
Do you have an anti-racism and child welfare resource you would like to share with the wider IV-E community? PLEASE SUBMIT HERE!
- If you have questions regarding the CalSWEC Title IV-E Summit and/or would like to join our distribution list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you require an accommodation for effective communication (ASL interpreting/CART captioning, alternative media formats, etc.) or information about campus mobility access features in order to fully participate in this event, please contact email@example.com with as much advance notice as possible and at least 7-10 days in advance of the event.
- If you need technical support during the webinar, please chat us at https://tawk.to/summitsupport
Partial funding for this meeting is provided by the CDSS and sponsorship through NASW-CA.