Tools and Resources
Creating a Theory of Change (TOC) – brief description of a theory of change and how it can be helpful in setting the stage for more detailed CPM planning and logic modeling discussions (includes sample CPM theory of change). (Word) (PDF)
Drafting a CPM Implementation Logic Model – tips and template for a practical logic model approach that maps the objectives in a local CPM implementation plan to outcomes the agency is intending to achieve, so everyone can mobilize around the plan and data can be identified for assessing progress and results. (Word) (PDF)
Focus on Critical CPM Outcomes – discusses integration of CPM in system improvement and why short-term outcomes are key. Includes 14 critical CPM short-term outcomes prioritized in the areas of child and family practice, partnerships, and agency/system support. (Word) (PDF)
Identifying and Using Logic Model Data – tips for using a logic model to identify data and feedback loops for measuring progress, understanding results, and ongoing improvement and accountability. (Word) (PDF)
Fidelity Tools and Resources (implementation, leadership and practice fidelity) -
Fidelity Assessment Tools are used to measure an agency’s journey in consistent and effective use of a practice, in this case CPM. Below are tools and resources to assist jurisdictions in the three areas of CPM fidelity – implementation, leadership, and practice. Agencies are encouraged to focus on assessing implementation support and leadership behaviors first, as these provide an important foundation in working towards practice fidelity.
The tools posted below provide data from all three perspectives. Each tool has instructions or an associated guidance document, as well as data and scoring information. There are also PowerPoint videos to support the proper completion of the tools and effective review and reporting of results. The data gathered from these fidelity assessment processes reflect on agency CPM implementation and support rather than on individual skills or abilities. Thus, the data is reported and reviewed collectively so agencies and their staff can celebrate collective successes and work together to identify strategic opportunities for improvement.
Implementation Fidelity (based on key drivers of successful implementation identified in research)
- Implementation Assessment (DOCX file) – This tool is designed for use by local Implementation Teams. Instructions and scoring information have been incorporated into the tool.
Leadership Fidelity (based on the CPM Leadership Behaviors)
- Leadership Fidelity Guidance (DOCX file) – Please review this guidance first as it includes important information about fidelity and how to use and score the leadership tools below as self-assessments, assessments by others, and/or for direct observation. The tools are in two formats which differ only slightly.
One is for use as a Self-Assessment
- Leadership Tool for Director Self Assessment (DOCX file)
- Leadership Tool for Manager Self Assessment (DOCX file)
- Leadership Tool for Supervisor Self Assessment (DOCX file)
The other is for use as a General Observation (by those in the agency who would experience the leadership of the person being rated.)
- Leadership Tool for Director General Observation (DOCX file)
- Leadership Tool for Manager General Observation (DOCX file)
- Leadership Tool for Supervisor General Observation (DOCX file)
Here is an Excel tool that is available to support the tools scoring and collection of aggregate leadership behavior data
Child and Family Practice Fidelity (based on CPM Practice Behaviors)
- Practice Fidelity Guidance (DOCX file) – Please read this document first as it contains Important information for leadership to consider in preparing staff to participate in fidelity assessment and in making local decisions about using and scoring the tools below.
- Direct Practice Self-Assessment (DOCX file)
- Direct Practice Observation Tool (DOCX file) – an associated practice profile is posted below to assist observers in rating the practices they observe.
- Practice Profile for Direct Practice Observation Tool (DOCX file)
Here is an Excel tool that is available to support the tools scoring and collection of aggregate practice behavior data
- Practice Tool Scoring and Report - Coming Soon!
Video Resources for CPM Fidelity
- PowerPoint video broadly explaining the fidelity assessment process - Coming Soon!
- PowerPoint video explaining the Leadership Behavior Tools - Coming Soon!
- PowerPoint video explaining the Direct Practice Self-Assessment Tool - Coming Soon!
- PowerPoint video explaining the Direct Practice Observation Tool - Coming Soon!
Additional Resources to Consider
- Fidelity Assessment and CFSR (DOCX file) – This document connects CPM behaviors with measurable outcomes from the CFSR reviews as well as aggregate data sources.
- Leadership Behavior Impacts on Practice Behaviors (DOCX file) – This document explores the parallels and potential impacts of CPM Leadership Behaviors on Practice Behaviors to assist agencies as they develop actions and strategies for strengthening fidelity in targeted areas of CPM leadership and practice.
- Supervisor Case Consultation Tool (DOCX file) – this workforce development tool may be helpful in increasing supervisor capacity to contribute to the growth of social worker fidelity. The tool facilitates the interaction between the supervisor and the social worker around all or selected CPM Practice Behaviors.