So far, this Guide has focused on how each county can plan for building the capacities necessary to install or advance CPM in their location. Accomplishing the range of tasks identified by each county will require vigilance and commitment, all of which can be upheld with continued learning and guidance—ideally in collaboration with peers and reinforced through a regionally coordinated system of support. A proposed multi-faceted approach to meeting the support needs of counties to actively implement CPM is described below. As with counties, support resources and capacities vary across the state. So, processes and activities to support county progress in CPM implementation planning will be flexible and co-created to best address identified needs.
Supporting Counties for Success
No matter where a county is with its CPM Implementation efforts—from just getting started to making progress to being well underway—it will be beneficial to access support along the way. The range of support needs spans many topics including help with CPM implementation planning, internal capacity building, utilizing implementation support tools, leading organizational change, and more. As outlined in the Directors’ Road Map, support will be available to counties through the following means:
- Statewide Support: The Directors Institute will continue to provide a series of Webinars, communications and learning forums for Directors and their leadership teams throughout FY 17-18, and beyond. A shared commitment to CPM implementation statewide is reinforced through the existing infrastructure that supports professional development, active implementation and technical assistance for Child Welfare Services through CWDA, CFPIC, CalSWEC, and the Regional Training Academies (RTAs).
- Regionally Based Support: Each RTA is designing activities and methods to provide regionally based support for CPM implementation capacity building to the counties in their area. Contact the designated point of contact (POC) at your Regional Training Academy for more information.
- Northern Regional Training Academy: Alison Book, email@example.com
- Bay Area Regional Training Academy: Jennifer Buchholz, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Regional Training Academy: Andrea Sobrado, email@example.com `
- Southern Regional Training Academy: Nancy Satterwhite, firstname.lastname@example.org
>> Back to CPM Implementation Planning Materials