Below are resources for Common Core 3.0 Trainer development and support. If you are interested in training Common Core, please contact your regional training academy to ensure you are following their expectations and requirements for becoming a trainer. CalSWEC will not be tracking completion of any of the training resources on this page, trainers must contact their hosting regional training academy.
If you would like to provide feedback on Common Core, please complete the Common Core 3.0 Quarterly Update form.
Trainer Development Support Resources
As part of the implementation preparation for Common Core 3.0, trainers are encouraged to utilize the discussion board and pre-recorded curriculum overviews.
Trainer Online Discussion Board: This is an opportunity for trainers to talk about tips and challenges to troubleshoot training delivery and to support the standardized curriculum delivery across the state. Please Note: The Trainer Online Discussion Board is being delivered through the Canvas Learning Management System and may be referred to as a "Course". Participants who are new to Common Core 3.0 in Canvas can create an account as part of enrolling themselves into the Discussion Board.
To create an account:
- Click on Trainer Online Discussion Board
- Sign up with first name, last name, and email address. An email verification message will be sent to the email address used for registration (completing email verification will allow users to set their password).
- Once they have enrolled, participants will be able to log in and access the Discussions.
- Discussions are organized by training topics to help support and coordinate discussions.
- Once logged into the forum, more instructions are provided to support the use of the Discussion Board.
- If you are a returning Canvas user but have lost or forgotten your password, click here to reset your password before enrolling in the course.
Pre-recorded web-based curriculum overviews for each of the Common Core 3.0 blocks: These training will provide an overview of the block including eLearning, classroom and field activities, as well as a walk-through of the Trainer Guide providing tips and tricks for how to facilitate the activities.
- Introduction to Common Core Curriculum and the Use of the Trainer Guide
- Foundation Block
- Case Planning and Service Delivery Block
- Engagement Block
- Monitoring and Adapting Block
- Assessment Block
- Transition Block
Tips for training ICWA are provided in the monthly Tribal STAR newsletter at https://theacademy.sdsu.edu/programs/tribal-star.
Tips for training Structured Decision Making, can be found on the NCCD Children’s Research Center, training materials for Structured Decision: http://docs.nccdglobal.org/California. Password: training (no username is required)
Tips for training Trauma-informed Practice is located on the National Child Traumatic Stress Network at http://www.nctsn.org/.
As part of the implementation preparation for Common Core 3.0, trainers are required to participate in the following training-for-trainer opportunities hosted by Regional Training Academies.
Facilitator-led Skills-based T4T. This training will cover Team-Based Learning, Teaching to Skill, and Rolling with Resistance in the Classroom.
- Handout 1: Introduction to TBL
- Handout 2: iRat
- Handout 3: Application Activities
- Handout 4: TBD Basic Structure
Practice block-themed webinars will focus on Cultural Humility, Assessment, Trauma-informed Practice, and the Child Welfare Core Practice Model. These training topics are integrated throughout Common Core 3.0. Regional Training Academies will be providing training opportunities focusing on each of these topic areas to ensure trainers are adequately prepared to integrate into all pieces of training, facilitate discussions, and answer questions. Click on the links below to access the pre-recorded webinars:
For more information on trainer development and preparation for Common Core 3.0, please contact your Regional Training Academy for more information about dates, time, locations, and registration in the development opportunities.
If there are broken links on this page, please contact CalSWEC @ firstname.lastname@example.org