In order to get the most out of this webinar, the following is recommended:
- Participate in the webinar with a team from your agency, if possible.
- If you haven’t developed your own “elevator pitch” about CPM implementation, complete the prework below.
- If you developed an elevator pitch during the workshop at Learning Session 2, review that prior to the webinar.
Handouts For the Webinar:
We will be leading you through an activities that refer to and use various handouts. You might want to print them up.
You can access the recorded Webinar here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7447609471448234755
Participants in the Directors Institute Learning Session #2 in Sacramento last summer spent some time learning about and developing an Elevator Pitch (or speech) on the CPM. An elevator pitch for the practice model is a 15-30 second, high level description of what the core practice model is and why implementing CPM is important. This can form the basis of longer communications and can be used frequently and adapted for different audiences to introduce the CPM.
If you’ve already developed an elevator pitch, review it prior to the webinar. Think about how you’ve used it or modified it. How did it work for you?
If you haven’t already developed an elevator pitch, the webinar prework will walk you through how develop an elevator pitch.
- View the video: How to Create an Elevator Pitch by Michael Hyatt - stop video at 4:12 minutes in.
- Complete the Developing an Elevator Speech worksheet on developing an Elevator Pitch.
An additional resource that will help stimulate thinking and preparation for leadership and messaging is the 18 minute TED Talk: How Great Leaders Inspire Action by Simon Sinek.