This training module is composed of three sections, each of which is described below:
- It provides an overview of psychotropic medications, what they are, and why they are used, as well as some information about potential side effects.
- Covers the basics of trauma-informed care and how it relates to medication in foster care settings, as well as gives a brief description of treatment planning and the use of Child and Family Teams.
- Explores the Juvenile Court process for authorization of psychotropic medication, and the forms used in that process.
This course is self-paced and each enrollment period is cycled quarterly. At the end of the quarter, a new three-month-long enrollment period will begin and the previous section will be closed. Although participant accounts will continue to exist, they will no longer be able to access data from the previous session of this course.
If you have not yet enrolled for this course, please read the following instructions. You will be asked to sign in or to create an account within this instance of Canvas.
EXISTING CANVAS USERS:
- If you’ve been issued a user account for Canvas by Bay Area Academy or the Central California Training Academy for Common Core 3.0, please log into Canvas first, the following course link https://calswec.instructure.com/courses/213 (if you are unable to click the link, please copy and paste the URL into your web browser's search address bar).
- Next, click the "Join Course" button near the top right of the window.
NOTE: To re-enter this course go to calswec.instructure.com and sign in, this course will appear in your Dashboard.
If you have not been assigned a user account, you will need to create an account before enrolling in the course.
Creating an account:
- Open the following URL in a new tab https://calswec.instructure.com/register_from_website
- Fill in the student sign-up form
- Join Code: 4C7CMP
- Your full name
- Username = Your email address
- Password = Create a password of your choice
- Confirm Password
- Check the box to agree to usage terms.
- Click the blue-button labeled "Start Learning" at the bottom right of the window.
NOTE: To re-enter this course, simply go to calswec.instructure.com
If you experience difficulty enrolling, please contact Mauricio A. Wright, Distance Education Specialist for CalSWEC (firstname.lastname@example.org)