RFA implementation requires building capacity of the organization to approach the approval process is a new way. Counties should consider the need for offering training for staff and caregivers, both current and prospective. For staff, the Policies and Protocols toolkit can be accessed to develop training for RFA processes.
The CDSS has identified the State Training Requiremens for ALL resource families. The requirements are excerpted from the Written Directives and outline the pre-approval and post-approval requirements for RFA families. As counties create training materials, these requirements should be referenced to ensure compliance.
- RFA and QPI for Resource Parents
- Ventura County Annual Training Requirements Reminder Letter
- Ventura County Foster VC Kids Required Caregiver Training Requirements
- Ventura County Resource Family Groups
- Ventura County In Home Cheat Sheet
- Ventura County 21st Century Caregiving; Foster VC Kids Pre-Service Training
- Ventura County CISS Foster PPE Job Description
- Initial and Ongoing training for Resource Families
- Pre-Service Training Tools
- Association of community human service agency
- Training Staff
- CWDA's Recommended Facebook Group Guidelines for County Human Services Agencies Foster Parent Recruitment, Retention & Support Efforts Using Facebook Group Pages
- RFA Implementation Workload Studies from Riverside County