Welcome to CalSWEC
Welcome to the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC), the nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners.
Hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Social Welfare, CalSWEC was created in 1990 by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners dedicated to developing a professional social service workforce to effectively serve California's diverse population. (Read more about CalSWEC's history.)
Of Current Interest
- News: Read the News section to catch up on the latest program activities and developments at CalSWEC.
- CSEC: CalSWEC has convened a workgroup to support the state’s efforts to raise awareness of and support training to address the commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC). Read more about what else CalSWEC is doing about CSEC.
- Aging Initiative: Mary Twomey is the new project manager for CalSWEC's Aging Initiaitve.
- Distance Education: The online pilot of the innovative Journalism for Social Change is being offered to CalSWEC schools and partners. Read more about the course and register. Meanwhile, about 100 students from CalSWEC schools are taking the online pilot of Writing Skills for Social Work.
- Strategic Planning: CalSWEC's multi-year strategic planning process is underway.