Welcome to CalSWEC
Welcome to the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC), the nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners.
Hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Social Welfare, CalSWEC was created in 1990 by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners dedicated to developing a professional social service workforce to effectively serve California's diverse population. (Read more about CalSWEC's history.)
- New Executive Director: Dr. Virginia Rondero Hernandez is the first-ever full-time leader of CalSWEC and Prinicpal Investigator of the Title IV-E Stipend Program. Read more.
- Departing Executive Director: Dr. Rodger Lum, who has led CalSWEC for nearly three years, reflects on his CalSWEC experience. Read more.
- MSW Research Award: Karly Comfort, San José State University, and Rachel Ruiz, San Diego State University are recipents of the 2016 Research Award for MSW Students. Read what inspired them.
- In-Service Training: The new Child and Family Teaming curriculum is now available on CalSWEC’s website. Read about the curriculum's background.
- Regional Training Academy (RTA) Coordination Project: For 20 years, this project has been providing in-service training for social workers. Read more.