Welcome to CalSWEC
Welcome to the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC), the nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners.
Hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Social Welfare, CalSWEC was created in 1990 by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners dedicated to developing a professional social service workforce to effectively serve California's diverse population. (Read more about CalSWEC's history.)
- Job Openings: Currently three job openings at CalSWEC's central office at the University of California, Berkeley are posted at Jobs at CalSWEC Central, or go directly to http://jobs.berkeley.edu/, and search for the keyword "CalSWEC."
- Common Core 3.0: The Assessment Block training for new child welfare workers went live in January, integrating blended learning delivered via eLearning, Classroom Skills Building, and Field Activities. Read more about this milestone.
- Resource Family Approval (RFA): The new RFA curriculum, developed by CalSWEC with California Department of Social Services and Shared Vision Consultants, is being piloted to support county and state efforts to streamline the approval process for resource families—formerly called foster families—and improve permanency procedures for children and youth in care. Read more about the RFA pilot training.
- Title IV-E Summer Institute: Save the date for the fourth annual institute, which will be held June 9–10 in Emeryville at the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. Presenters should submit their workshop proposals by February 29.
- Recognizing MSW Research: April 4 is the deadline for applications for the 2016 Research Award for MSW Students. View or download the informational flyer and the application form.