Welcome to CalSWEC
Welcome to the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC), the nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners.
Hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Social Welfare, CalSWEC was created in 1990 by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners dedicated to developing a professional social service workforce to effectively serve California's diverse population. (Read more about CalSWEC's history.)
- Evidence-Informed Webinar Series: The Research and Training Network (RTN) encourages its partners to present their research in the Evidence-Informed Webinar Series. Download and fill out the Presenter Form.
- Title IV-E: Leadership changes: Stipend Program Director Chris Mathias retires to join the Bay Area Academy, while Assistant Director Carolyn Shin is named Interim Director.
- Leadership Symposium on Evidence-Based Practice: Continuous Quality Improvement is the theme of the symposium, scheduled for July 15 at UC Davis. Register by July 8.
- Child Welfare/Mental Health Learning Collaborative: The concluding Statewide Leadership Convening, themed Improving Well-Being through Collaborative Practice and Service Delivery, will be held August 6 at UC Davis. View or download the Save the Date flyer. Register by July 30.
- MSW Student Research: Finalists for the Research Award for MSW Students are from CSU Chico, CSU East Bay, CSU Fullerton, CSU Los Angeles, CSU Monterey Bay, San Jose State University, and UC Berkeley. Read more about the award.