Welcome to CalSWEC
Welcome to the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC), the nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners.
Hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Social Welfare, CalSWEC was created in 1990 by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners dedicated to developing a professional social service workforce to effectively serve California's diverse population. (Read more about CalSWEC's history.)
- MSW Student Research: Finalists for the Research Award for MSW Students are from CSU Chico, CSU East Bay, CSU Fullerton, CSU Los Angeles, CSU Monterey Bay, San Jose State University, and UC Berkeley. Read more about the award.
- National Foster Care Month: CalSWEC's data specialist, Sokhom Mao, has been named a White House Foster Care Champion of Change.
- Evidence-Informed Webinars in June: Two webinars are offered: Removing the Cloak of Secrecy: Understanding the Clinical Needs of Adoption and Guardianship Families on June 15 (Register) and Continuous Quality Improvement: Definitions, Key Components, and Emerging Developments in the Child Welfare Landscape on June 17 (Register).
- CalSWEC Board of Directors: Meet the four new members of the board, including Tribal, Aging, and Behavioral Health representatives.
- Title IV-E Field Instruction Initiative: CalSWEC’s third annual Title IV-E Summer Field Institute will be held June 4–5 in Los Angeles and feature keynote speaker Dr. Anita P. Barbee of the Kent School of Social Work, University of Louisville. Read more about the institute.