Welcome to CalSWEC
Welcome to the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC), the nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners.
Hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Social Welfare, CalSWEC was created in 1990 by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners dedicated to developing a professional social service workforce to effectively serve California's diverse population. (Read more about CalSWEC's history.)
- In-Service Training: The new Child and Family Teaming curriculum is now available on CalSWEC’s website. Read about the curriculum's background.
- Regional Training Academy (RTA) Coordination Project: For 20 years, this project has been providing in-service training for social workers. Read more.
- The Mental Health Program is now called the Integrated Behavioral Health Program: The name change took effect on July 1, 2016. Read more.
- Toolkits: A number of toolkits are available to help navigate various statewide child welfare initiatives, including Continuum of Care Reform (CCR), Fostering Connections After 18 (AB12), Resource Family Approval (RFA), Serving Commercially Exploited Children (CSEC), and Team Decision Making.
- New Jobs: CalSWEC is seeking a Database Analyst, a new position, among others at CalSWEC Central. See information about job openings at CalWEC's central office at the University of California, Berkeley, Jobs at CalSWEC Central, or go directly to http://jobs.berkeley.edu/, and search for the keyword "CalSWEC."