Welcome to CalSWEC
Welcome to the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC), the nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners.
Hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Social Welfare, CalSWEC was created in 1990 by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners dedicated to developing a professional social service workforce to effectively serve California's diverse population. (Read more about CalSWEC's history.)
- Title IV-E Program Report: The 22nd cohort of CalSWEC’s Title IV-E Stipend Program graduated in academic year 2014–2015, representing 340 MSWs, 40 BASWs, and 11 Pathway graduates. Read the Title IV-E Program Final Report for comprehensive statistics on graduates, students, and applicants, as well as highlights of the program's projects and activities.
- Job Opening at CalSWEC: There is an opening for a CalSWEC Program Evaluation & Research Specialist (6257U), #20361. For more information about the position, go to Jobs at UC Berkeley, http://jobs.berkeley.edu.
- Research Award Recipients: Five MSW students have received the MSW Student Research Award. Read why they decided to pursue these winning research projects.
- Resources: The online Writing Skills for Child Welfare Social Workers is now available free to anyone wanting to improve his or her writing skills as a student or child welfare social worker. Read more.
- Graduates and Alumni: Graduates and alumni of CalSWEC's Title IV-E Stipend Program and Mental Health Program, who work in almost all of California's 58 counties, share their stories.