Welcome to CalSWEC
Welcome to the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC), the nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners.
Hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Social Welfare, CalSWEC was created in 1990 by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners dedicated to developing a professional social service workforce to effectively serve California's diverse population. (Read more about CalSWEC's history.)
- National Mentoring Month: January has been declared National Mentoring Month by Presidential Proclamation. At-risk youth who have mentors are 52% less likely than their peers to skip a day of school and 46% less likely to start using drugs, among other findings. View videos.
- January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month: CalSWEC provides a number of resources to help Commercially Sexually Exploited Children (CSEC), including training curriculum for social workers and probation officer.
- Jobs at CalSWEC Central: Check what jobs are currently available at CalSWEC.
- Post-MSW Fellowship: The University of California, Berkeley will be accepting applications for two full-time post-MSW fellowship positions in clinical social work that begin July 24, 2017. For more information, visit the University Health Services website.
- AB 403 and Continuum of Care Reform Toolkit offers a wealth of information about new practice and policy changes taking place in California to ensure all children live as members of committed, nurturing, and permanent families.