Welcome to CalSWEC
Welcome to the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC), the nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners.
Hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Social Welfare, CalSWEC was created in 1990 by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners dedicated to developing a professional social service workforce to effectively serve California's diverse population. (Read more about CalSWEC's history.)
- A Message from Our Executive Director: During these changing times, Dr. Virginia Rondero Hernandez urges the entire CalSWEC community to join in CalSWEC's vital efforts to support its mission and Strategic Plan.
- Research Award for MSW Students: April 3 is the deadline for applications for the award. Read more about the award and download the Application Form. Read about what inspired the winners from 2016 and 2015.
- Black History Month: “Working with the African American Father: The Forgotten Parent (Version 1.0)” brings to the forefront the discussion of African American fathers and their roles in their children’s lives. The curriculum was prepared by Deborah Fitch, M.S.W., and Kahalifa King, M.S., with the Public Child Welfare Training Academy (part of the Academy for Professional Excellence).
- Jobs at CalSWEC Central: Check what jobs are currently available at CalSWEC.
- What's Not to Like: Have you checked CalSWEC's Facebook page lately? See what you've been missing.
- Sweet Tweets: Don't miss CalSWEC's latest Tweets!
- Where are they now: CalSWEC grads—representing backgrounds and experiences as diverse as the Californians they serve—share their inspiring stories.