Welcome to CalSWEC
Welcome to the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC), the nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners.
Hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Social Welfare, CalSWEC was created in 1990 by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners dedicated to developing a professional social service workforce to effectively serve California's diverse population. (Read more about CalSWEC's history.)
Of Current Interest
- Aging Initiative: An e-newsletter debuts, featuring news and notes about gero social work, including new research, trainings, internships, and job opportunities, from various Aging resources.
- Research Award for MSW Students: March 31 is the deadline of receipt of applications for the 2015 Research Award for MSW Students. Get more information, and view or download the informational flyer and Application Form.
- Title IV-E Student Day: Advocacy and Empowerment in Action: Social Justice in the 21st Century is the theme of this year's Student Day, which will be held April 3 in Santa Cruz.
- Fairness and Equity Issues: Collaborating for Social Justice is the theme of this year's Symposium on Fairness and Equity Issues in Child Welfare Training and Education on April 16 at The California Endowment's Oakland Conference Center. Register for the event, and visit the symposium page for more information.
- Title IV-E Field Instruction Initiative: CalSWEC’s third annual Title IV-E Summer Field Institute will be held June 4–5 in Los Angeles and feature keynote speaker Dr. Anita P. Barbee of the Kent School of Social Work, University of Louisville. Read more about the institute.