Welcome to CalSWEC
Welcome to the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC), the nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners.
Hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Social Welfare, CalSWEC was created in 1990 by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners dedicated to developing a professional social service workforce to effectively serve California's diverse population. (Read more about CalSWEC's history.)
Of Current Interest
- CalSWEC Board of Directors: Meet the four new members of the board, including Tribal, Aging, and Behavioral Health representatives.
- Child Welfare In-Service Training: Three new training videos help prepare resource families for foster care parenting in a process that in participating counties replaces the existing one for licensing foster family homes.
- Aging Initiative: An e-newsletter debuts, featuring news and notes about gero social work, including new research, trainings, internships, and job opportunities, from various Aging resources.
- Title IV-E Field Instruction Initiative: CalSWEC’s third annual Title IV-E Summer Field Institute will be held June 4–5 in Los Angeles and feature keynote speaker Dr. Anita P. Barbee of the Kent School of Social Work, University of Louisville. Read more about the institute.
- Evidence-Based Practice: Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) is the theme of the 2015 Leadership Symposium on Evidence-Based Practice, which will be held July 15 at the University of California, Davis Conference Center.