Welcome to CalSWEC
Welcome to the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC), the nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners.
Hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Social Welfare, CalSWEC was created in 1990 by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners dedicated to developing a professional social service workforce to effectively serve California's diverse population. (Read more about CalSWEC's history.)
- Title IV-E Program 2015–2016 Annual Report is now available. Read past annual reports and other publications from CalSWEC's evaluation and research efforts as well.
- AB 403 and Continuum of Care Reform Toolkit offers a wealth of information about new practice and policy changes taking place in California to ensure all children live as members of committed, nurturing, and permanent families.
- Updated Core Practice Model Overview is a brief document that can be used to share information about the model with staff, families, children, youth, caregivers, and community partners.
- New Practice Behaviors for Leadership have been developed by the Core Practice Model Design Team to ensure that staff and agency behavior is consistent with the practice model’s theoretical framework, values, and elements.
- New Executive Director Dr. Virginia Rondero Hernandez is the first-ever full-time leader of CalSWEC and Principal Investigator of the Title IV-E Stipend Program. Read more.
- Departing Executive Director Dr. Rodger Lum, who led CalSWEC for nearly three years, reflects on his CalSWEC experience. Read more.