Welcome to CalSWEC
Welcome to the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC), the nation's largest state coalition of social work educators and practitioners.
Hosted by the University of California, Berkeley School of Social Welfare, CalSWEC was created in 1990 by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners dedicated to developing a professional social service workforce to effectively serve California's diverse population. (Read more about CalSWEC's history.)
Of Current Interest
- Distance Education: January 7, 2015, is the deadline to register for the online pilot of the innovative Journalism for Social Change being offered to CalSWEC schools and partners. Read more about the course and register.
- Effective Partnering: CalSWEC has been a national leader in university/agency partnership for decades, having been created by a partnership of social work educators and practitioners in 1990. Read about the partnerships that have contributed to the organization’s effectiveness.
- Research & Evaluation: CalSWEC is overhauling some of its Research and Evaluation (R & E) activities following the reorganization of that group. Read more about those activities and the R & E staff.
- News: Read the News section to catch up on the latest program activities and developments at CalSWEC.
- CSEC: CalSWEC has convened a workgroup to support the state’s efforts to raise awareness of and support training to address the commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC). Read more about what else CalSWEC is doing about CSEC.