The Title IV-E Summit is an event that convenes a diverse array of child welfare social work practitioners, educators, and CalSWEC Title IV-E students around relevant child welfare-related themes and goals.
2019 Title IV-E Summit THEME
2019 Title IV-E Summit GOALS
- Explore resources to enhance and sustain social worker well-being and mental health;
- Enhance supervisory relationships to promote worker wellness;
- Improve organizational culture through intra-agency dialogue and collaboration
Mr. Gary Taylor, Orange County's former Director of Children & Family Services, will be the 2019 Title IV-E keynote speaker. The title of his keynote is, Building a Resilient Workforce. Click here for Mr. Taylor's full bio.
WHEN & WHERE
April 25–26, 2019 | Long Beach Marriott
WHO ATTENDS THE 2018 TITLE IV-E SUMMIT
- Public Child Welfare Agency, University, Tribal, and other Title IV-E Partners
- Title IV-E Stipend Program Students. Students should reach out to their school’s Project Coordinator for more information.
- Registration for this event is REQUIRED; on-site registration is not available. IV-E Partners should use this registration link to claim their spot by April 3!
- Sign-in is required both days of the event. Due to concurrent CalSWEC events on April 25 and 26, please be careful you have registered and signed in for ALL relevant events.
- To confirm your Summit registration or review your workshop selection, search e-mail subject line “Registration Confirmation for 2019 Title IV-E Summit,” or e-mail sender “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Title IV-E Student Hosts will support with your registration and checking nametags during meal times.
- If needed, please cancel in advance of this event by e-mailing email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOTEL AND GOVENMENT RATE
The Summit will be hosted at the Long Beach Marriott. The government rate at the Long Beach Marriott is $120 -180 per night, depending on the night. If you are not eligible for the government rate, and you would like to get on our waitlist for the room block, you may fill out this form. The room block is not guaranteed. Please reach out to the hotel directly if you have questions about rates, or Michelle Perez-Robles (CalSWEC Office and Event Manager) at email@example.com if you have questions about other Summit logistics.
When you register, you'll have an opportunity to select your top workshop preferences.
PUBLIC CHILD WELFARE RESOURCE ZONE
The 2019 Title IV-E Summit hosts a Public Child Welfare Resource Zone, made up of agencies and practice partners offering information and networking opportunities. Stop by to chat with them about their organization, job openings, opportunities to network through professional groups, and other child welfare topics! Local students are welcome to "walk in" and network with tabling agencies on Friday, April 26 between 9:30-11am AND 2-4pm.
|April 25, 2019|
|12:30 - 1:00 PM||Registration. Lunch provided upon request.||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners|
|1:00 - 1:45 PM||Opening Remarks||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners|
|2:00 - 3:15 PM||Workshops: 3 options||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners|
|3:30 - 4:45 PM||Workshops: 3 options||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners|
|5:00 - 7:30 PM||Joint Reception. Light refreshments provided, cash bar.||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|April 26, 2019|
|7:45 - 8:30 AM||Registration. Breakfast provided upon request.||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|8:30 - 9:00 AM||Opening Remarks||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|9:00 - 10:15 AM||Keynote/Q&A||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|10:30 - 11:45 AM||Workshops: 4 options||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|12:00 - 1:00 PM||Lunch provided upon request.||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|1:15 - 2:30 PM||Workshops: 4 options||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|2:45 - 4:00 PM||Workshops: 4 options||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students
SAVE THE DATE
Can't make it this year? Check out our live stream flyer and social media. The keynote and select workshops will be LIVE STREAMED on Friday, April 26. Remote viewers are encouraged to actively participate in these sessions on Twitter using #TitleIVESummit. Live streamed workshops will also be recorded and posted to the dashboard after the event.
- If you have questions regarding the CalSWEC Title IV-E Summit and/or would like to join our distribution list, please contact Rose Chahla, Title IV-E Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about the logistics or location of this event, please contact Michelle Perez-Robles, CalSWEC Events and Office Manager, email@example.com.
Partial funding for this meeting is provided by the CDSS and NASW-CA.