The Title IV-E Summit is an event that convenes a diverse array of child welfare social work practitioners, educators, and CalSWEC Title IV-E students around relevant child welfare-related themes and goals.
2019 Title IV-E Summit THEME
2019 Title IV-E Summit GOALS
- Explore resources to enhance and sustain social worker well-being and mental health;
- Enhance supervisory relationships to promote worker wellness;
- Improve organizational culture through intra-agency dialogue and collaboration
Mr. Gary Taylor, Orange County's former Director of Children & Family Services, will be the 2019 Title IV-E keynote speaker. The title of his keynote is, Building a Resilient Workforce. Click this link for Mr. Taylor's full bio.
WHEN & WHERE
April 25–26, 2019 | Long Beach Marriott
See schedule below
WHO ATTENDS THE TITLE IV-E SUMMIT
- Public Child Welfare Agency, University, Tribal, and other Title IV-E Partners
- Title IV-E Stipend Program Students. Students should reach out to their school’s Project Coordinator for more information.
- Registration for this event is REQUIRED; on-site registration is not available.
- Sign-in is required both days of the event. Due to concurrent CalSWEC events on April 25 and 26, please be careful you have registered and signed in for ALL relevant events.
- To confirm your Summit registration or review your workshop selection, search e-mail subject line “Registration Confirmation for 2019 Title IV-E Summit,” or e-mail sender “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Title IV-E Student Hosts will support with your registration and checking nametags during meal times.
- If needed, please cancel in advance of this event by e-mailing email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOTEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS
- The Summit will be hosted at the Long Beach Marriott.
- Click this link to review CalSWEC-provided meal menus and local alternatives. To CANCEL your Summit registration or any meals, e-mail email@example.com ASAP.
PUBLIC CHILD WELFARE RESOURCE ZONE
The 2019 Title IV-E Summit hosts a Public Child Welfare Resource Zone, made up of agencies and practice partners offering information and networking opportunities. Stop by to chat with them about their organization, job openings, opportunities to network through professional groups, and other child welfare topics!
Local students are welcome to "walk in" and network with tabling agencies on Friday, April 26 between 9:30-11am AND 2-4pm.
|April 25, 2019|
|12:30 - 1:00 PM||Registration. Lunch provided upon request.||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners|
|1:00 - 1:45 PM||Opening Remarks||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners|
|2:00 - 3:15 PM||Workshops: 3 options||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners|
|3:30 - 4:45 PM||Workshops: 3 options||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners|
|5:00 - 7:30 PM||Joint Reception. Light refreshments provided, cash bar.||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|April 26, 2019|
|7:45 - 8:30 AM||Registration. Breakfast provided upon request.||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|8:30 - 9:00 AM||Opening Remarks||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|9:00 - 10:15 AM||Keynote/Q&A||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|10:30 - 11:45 AM||Workshops: 4 options||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|12:00 - 1:00 PM||Lunch provided upon request.||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|1:15 - 2:30 PM||Workshops: 4 options||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students|
|2:45 - 4:00 PM||Workshops: 4 options||University, County, Tribal, Community Partners AND Title IV-E Students
SAVE THE DATE
Can't make it this year? Check out our live stream flyer and social media. The keynote and select workshops will be LIVE STREAMEDon Friday, April 26. Remote viewers are encouraged to actively participate in these sessions on Twitter using #TitleIVEsummit. Live streamed workshops will also be recorded and posted to the dashboard after the event.
- If you have questions regarding the CalSWEC Title IV-E Summit and/or would like to join our distribution list, please contact Rose Chahla, Title IV-E Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about the logistics or location of this event, please contact Michelle Perez-Robles, CalSWEC Events and Office Manager, email@example.com.
Partial funding for this meeting is provided by the CDSS and NASW-CA.
By entering the meeting rooms at the Title IV-E Summit, attendees consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded by CalSWEC for distribution to the public. Attendees are required to notify the organizers in advance if they do not give their consent.