Available Courses and Tools
In an effort to enhance the development of culturally responsive skills and practice, especially in the context of workforce development, partners from California Regional Training Academies and CDSS (the California Department of Social Services) created the Culturally Responsive Practice Behaviors Assessment and Development Tool (also known as the CRPB Tool). Wherever we are on the journey of growing our skills for integration of culture and equity in workforce development, it’s important to reflect on what specific behaviors we already do that create inclusive environments, and what we’d like to learn to do more effectively.
A self-paced, self-led course titled: Culturally Responsive Practice Behaviors (CRPB) Assessment and Development Tool eLearning has been made available in CACWT. This course provides an overview of the CRPB Tool and provides guidance for using it to enhance the development of culturally responsive practice behaviors and skills that anyone providing workforce development opportunities can demonstrate.
If you do not have access to CACWT, please watch this Orientation to the Culturally Responsive Behaviors Assessment and Development Tool (recording). For more information and support, please reach out the CalSWEC_RTA@berekely.edu or the Regional Training Academies (Bay Area Academy, Central California Training Academy,Child Welfare Development Services, Northern Training Academy)
- Race Equity Crosswalk Tool
- Intersectionality in Child Welfare
- What We Get Wrong About Closing the Racial Wealth Gap
- Race Matter. A guide to assist leaders in supporting and engaging with their staff on matters of race
- Race Matters Resource Lists
- Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) at UC Berkeley
- Executive Order 13985. Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government. January 2021.
- National Conference of State Legislatures. Disproportionality and Race Equity in Child Welfare. January 2021.
- Public Health Institute. Policy Memo: Advancing Racial Equity in California State Government. July 2020
- American Bar Association. Race and Poverty in the Child Welfare System: Strategies for Child Welfare Practitioners. December 2019.
- The Annals of the American Academy. Racial Disproportionality and Disparities in the Child Welfare System: Why Do They Exist, and What Can Be Done to Address Them? November, 2020.
Did we miss something?
If you’d like to suggest relevant resources in the list above, please contact us via the CalSWEC Contact Form.