Technology and Instructional Design (Distance Education)
CalSWEC created a new unit, Technology and Instructional Design, in 2016 to advance its commitment to distance education, online resources, and the adoption of effective instructional technologies.
In addition to serving as a thought leader in educational technology in social welfare for the state, the Technology and Instructional Design team provides support to various programs and projects, such as:
- Edtech components of Common Core and other social worker curriculum
- California Child Welfare Training LMS (CACWT)
- Virtual reality
- eLearning programs
- Online toolkits
- CalSWEC website
- Accessibility and remediation of digital materials
- Quality Parenting Initiative (QPI) videos
- Virtual meetings, trainings, and events
To stay at the forefront of educational technology, now and into the future, CalSWEC will continue to explore new and better modalities and systems that result in highly effective, scalable, and cost-efficient online training and resources.
We encourage you to routinely visit the Resources area of the CalSWEC website for new information and materials.