Technology and Instructional Design (Distance Education)
CalSWEC created a new unit, Technology and Instructional Design, in 2016 to advance its commitment to distance education, online resources, and the adoption of effective technologies.
In addition to serving as a thought leader in educational technology in social welfare for the state, the Technology and Instructional Design team provides support to various programs and projects, such as:
- Common Core (eLearning revisions to be completed June 2021)
- Statewide LMS for Child Welfare Social Workers (soft launch planned for January 2021)
- Virtual reality (multiple implementations planned for Fall 2020)
- eLearning programs (Psychotropic Medication in Foster Care to be updated in 2020; CalSWEC Title IV-E Online Field Instructor Training launched in July 2020)
- Online Toolkits (Safety Organized Practice Toolkit launched in July 2020; CFT/CANS Implementation Support Toolkit launched in June 2020)
- CalSWEC Website (new website launched in April 2018)
- Quality Parenting Initiative videos
- Virtual meetings, trainings, and events
To stay at the forefront of educational technology, now and into the future, CalSWEC will continue to explore new and better modalities and systems that result in highly effective, scalable, and cost-efficient online training and resources.
We encourage you to routinely visit the Resources area, which the Technology and Instructional Design unit wiill help to curate over time.