- In response to COVID-19, the 2020 Title IV-E Summit has been POSTPONED to April 22-23, 2021. On behalf of CalSWEC and the 38 Title IV-E Students who worked tirelessly over the last year to plan this event, we share in the disappointment. That said, we look forward to coming back bigger and better in 2021.
- ROOM BLOCK: Please note, if you booked a room at the Hilton Oakland Airport for the 2020 Title IV-E Summit, you will need to CANCEL it yourself. We will circulate a new room block at the Hilton Oakland Airport for the 2021 Title IV-E Summit dates early next year.
- REGISTRATION: CalSWEC will also circulate another registration link early next year. Registrations for the 2020 Title IV-E Summit are considered void.
- PLEASE JOIN CalSWEC in offering our deepest appreciation to the 38 Title IV-E students on the 2020 Student Planning Committee, who worked tirelessly over the last year to plan the Summit. Read more about the 2020 Title IV-E Summit, the amazing Student Planning Committee, and all-star winner Mireya Duarte (MSW student at CSU Fullerton) in our supplemental 2020 Title IV-E Summit Newsletter.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
2021 Title IV-E Summit THEME
Take it to the Top: Bridging the Disconnect between Policy and Practice in Child Welfare
2021 Summit GOALS
- Facilitate channels of communication between policy makers and service providers
- Transition from reactive to preventative policy
- Create and implement policy that is informed by those affected
WHEN & WHERE
- April 22–23, 2021 | Hilton Oakland Airport
- See schedule below. Please note, Title IV-E Students do not attend Thursday workshops.
WHO ATTENDS THE TITLE IV-E SUMMIT
- Public Child Welfare Agency, University, Tribal, and other Title IV-E Partners
- Title IV-E Stipend Program Students. Students should reach out to their school’s Project Coordinator for more information.
SAVE THE DATE
- Registration for this event is REQUIRED. A new registration link will be posted in February, 2021.
- A limited Room Block is available at the Hilton Oakland Airport for $175 a night (not including taxes). A new room block link will be posted in February, 2021.
- Dr. Linda Burton, dean of the Berkeley Social Welfare, will take center stage as the 2021 Title IV-E Summit keynote speaker on Friday, April 23.
- Thursday workshop abstracts (please note, Title IV-E Students do not attend Thursday workshops) and Friday workshop abstracts can be reviewed in advance of the event. When you register, you'll have an opportunity to select your workshop preferences.
PUBLIC CHILD WELFARE RESOURCE ZONE
- The 2021 Title IV-E Summit hosts a Public Child Welfare Resource Zone, made up of agencies and practice partners offering information and networking opportunities. Stop by to chat with them about their organization, job openings, opportunities to network through professional groups, and other child welfare topics!
- Local students are welcome to "walk in" and network with tabling agencies on Friday, April 23, 2021 between 9:30-11am.
|April 22, 2021|
|1:00 PM||Registration opens.||University, County, Tribal Partners|
|1:15 - 1:45 PM||Brief remarks and logistics. Networking and light refreshments.||University, County, Tribal Partners|
|2:00 - 3:15 PM||Workshops: 3 options||University, County, Tribal Partners|
|3:30 - 4:45 PM||Workshops: 3 options||University, County, Tribal Partners|
|5:00 - 7:30 PM||Joint Reception. Light refreshments, cash bar.||University, County, Tribal Partners AND IV-E Students|
|April 23, 2021|
|7:45 - 8:30 AM||Registration. Breakfast provided upon request.||University, County, Tribal Partners AND IV-E Students|
|8:30 - 9:00 AM||Opening Remarks||University, County, Tribal Partners AND IV-E Students|
|9:00 - 10:15 AM||Keynote/Q&A||University, County, Tribal Partners AND IV-E Students|
|10:30 - 11:45 AM||Workshops: 4 options||University, County, Tribal Partners AND IV-E Students|
|12:00 - 1:00 PM||Lunch provided upon request.||University, County, Tribal Partners AND IV-E Students|
|1:15 - 2:30 PM||Workshops: 4 options||University, County, Tribal Partners AND IV-E Students|
|2:45 - 4:00 PM||Workshops: 4 options||University, County, Tribal Partners AND IV-E Students
Can't make it this year? You're in luck. The Summit keynote will be streamed LIVE on Friday, April 23, 2021. Remote viewers are encouraged to register and chat their questions LIVE. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (see icons below) and get the most up-to-date coverage on the live stream in the coming months!
- If you have questions regarding the CalSWEC Title IV-E Summit and/or would like to join our distribution list, please contact Rose Chahla, Title IV-E Assistant Director, email@example.com.
- If you have questions about the logistics or location of this event, please contact Michelle Perez-Robles, CalSWEC Events and Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partial funding for this meeting is provided by the CDSS and NASW-CA. Interested in NASW-CA membership? Click here to learn more!