CalSWEC Title IV-E Program Program Guide
The CalSWEC Title IV-E Program Program Guide* provides information and resources to support program administration and implementation at participating universities.
*This is a restricted-access document for faculty and staff responsible for administering a CalSWEC Title IV-E Program at a participating university. To request access, please email email@example.com with your name, university, and role in the CalSWEC Title IV-E Program.
CalSWEC Curriculum Competencies
The 2017 CalSWEC Curriculum Competencies for Public Child Welfare in California (updated August 15, 2017) reflects a comprehensive revision and reorganization aligned with the Council on Social Work Education's (CSWE's) Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards (EPAS).
Departing from previous versions, the 2017 CalSWEC Curriculum Competencies integrates content, processes, and behaviors associated with both generalist practice and specialized practice in the areas of public child welfare, behavioral health, and aging in a single document.
The CalSWEC Curriculum Competencies are periodically revised to reflect current developments in social work practice and education and serve as a model for collaborative curriculum development across the nation.
CalSWEC began the most recent competencies revision process in January 2016 after CSWE in 2015 revised its EPAS for Baccalaureate and Master's Social Work Programs by which it sets national standards for the identification and assessment of competencies in the education of social work students.
CalSWEC Title IV-E Summit
The CalSWEC Title IV-E Summit is an annual educational conference that convenes Title IV-E partners, Students, agencies, and Tribal- and community partners around a relevant child welfare theme. To learn more about this event, please refer to the "CalSWEC Title IV-E Summit and Student Representatives" section in the CalSWEC Title IV-E Program Program Guide.
CalSWEC Title IV-E Online Curriculum Resources [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]
- ICWA and Tribal Sovereignty Curriculum Modules and Resources [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]
- Online Field Instructor eLearning [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]
- Trauma-Informed Practice eLearnings
- Neurobiology of Trauma
- SSHARED: A Tool for Identifying Signs & Sequelae of Trauma
- Downloadable versions if you need to laod them into your LMS for student completion tracking
- For information about trauma-informed practice specific to native peoples, a resource is the website on Neurodecolonization and Indigenous Mindfulness.
- Academic Writing eLearning and Documentation Planning and Report Writing eLearning
- These writing courses reside on the CalSWEC LMS, such that they are openly available to use by anyone, but completions are not tracked. If you need to track completions or progress of students for this course, you would need to load this eLearning into your campus's LMS. To do so, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org